Do you need 24hr dosing capabilities? Try the Kamoer FX-STP doser! | BRStv Spotlight

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by randyBRS, Jul 25, 2018.

1. randyBRS

randyBRS BRStv Host :-) R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hi guys!

Today we're showing off the latest pump from Kamoer that now provides us with a more affordable and space saving option for continuous duty pumps.

As a previous owner of the common hospital grade dosing pump (you all know what one), this one is very exciting to me personally especially with how little space it takes up and the much lower cost than what I paid for my other pump on eBay!

2. hart24601

hart24601 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

About time the hobby got one of these!

randyBRS likes this.
  3. Acroporaaddict

Acroporaaddict Well-Known Member

Does this pump have the capability to dose any amount between 1ml/min - 120ml/min or is it preset increments such as 1ml/min, 10ml/min, 20mil/min etc..

4. randyBRS

It is incremental from 1mL-120mL/min at 1mL increments. You can dose 67mLs/min if you'd like. :)

Acroporaaddict likes this.
  5. solitude127

solitude127 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

This is a great little pump. I've been using one for about a month now and am super happy. Longevity of the pump is questionable since it's new but I'm hopeful.

randyBRS likes this.
  6. TexasTodd

TexasTodd Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! This could possibly replace the constant pump Champion used to have. What head height can it handle or feet of tubing? I think Champion called them their Reef Filler pumps that were constant chemical pumps they can no longer source. Best 24/7 kalkwasser drip I've ever found.

randyBRS likes this.
  7. Jamie7907

Jamie7907 Active Member

I live this pump. Been using it for about two weeks now an so far so good. Very quiet though it does seem to be louder at slower speeds. Ph in calcium reactor is as stable as ever.

CB48CF54-9FA9-4500-A690-AEFC6B0B3602.png

randyBRS likes this.
  8. randyBRS

Kamoer suggests not having the pump located more than 8ft away from the intended application/reactor. :)

TexasTodd likes this.
  9. Water Dog

Water Dog Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I totally want one, but this seems to be a big point of concern over on the big RC thread about this pump regarding the longevity of the pump head rollers. 9000 hour (3 month) lifespan for the Pharmed BPT tubing tubing makes sense, but for the pump head rollers as well? Per the product description for the replacement pump head rollers.

“Replacement 6-roller head assembly for the Kamoer FX-STP Dosing Pump. Over time it is common for the rollers to start to wear and cause additional friction, which can slow the pumps motor and require additional electricity to operate. We recommend changing the pump head assembly every 9000 hours, or as needed.”

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/replacement-pump-head-for-fx-stp-kamoer.html

10. randyBRS

We recommend replacing the head every 9000hrs, or about once per year, much like other equipment such as a heater. The tubing is recommended to be replaced once every 2000hrs, or about 3-4times per year. There are 8,760hrs in a full year. :)

HolisticBear likes this.
  11. Water Dog

Water Dog Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Oh gotcha, I missed the change... once a year seems waaay more reasonable. I actually think your description has been subtly changed from the 2000 to 9000 hours since we discussed it over on RC! ;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  12. randyBRS

I went and found that thread, it does look like we've updated it since then. I think it is reasonable, given the average speed that reefers may run these pumps at. Personally, with my MasterFlex I was at a dosing rate of 30mL/min which was plenty fast enough for my 90gal tank. That said, I'd expect that the head would last longer than say someone who is running the pump at full bore for the same amount of time.

Water Dog likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted