Do you put snails in your sump?

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone put snails in your sump to clean the walls of the sump?

Do you put them in the refugium section or all chambers except the return section because it can clog up the return pump?

Do you think that snails in the sump would create more detritus and they would polute the tank more since snail poop does not get filter out by socks/filter pads/roller mat.?

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple hermits in the sump to clean any chucks of fish food that make their way down there. No snails but no algae either,I runs cryptic fuge/ sump

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone put snails in your sump to clean the walls of the sump?

Do you put them in the refugium section or all chambers except the return section because it can clog up the return pump?

Do you think that snails in the sump would create more detritus and they would polute the tank more since snail poop does not get filter out by socks/filter pads/roller mat.?
I have snails, micro hermits, and bristle worms in my Fuge. I use Chaeto as my mechanical filtration and the critters to eat the detritus. I don't have any algae growing in the rest of my sump. If you do, then you have a lighting issue and need to correct it. Algae can't grow in the dark. Sounds like your Fuge Light is spilling over. Scrape the algae off the sides of the sump and then fix the light spill.

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had algae growing in fuge when I started up the fuge. Threw in a Mexican turbo and it's now all gone. I keep him there just in case...

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back