Do you (re)dip you frags after QT?

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm one of those people that QTs *everything* before it goes into my tank. Currently I have a frag/invert tank going with several frags past the 76 day mark, Specifically, a Zoa, Pocillopora, Frogspawn, Frammer and a Cyphastrea (I have two, don't know which one is past 76 days, but the other will be in about a week, so I'll wait it out). They were all dipped in Coral RX before being put in the QT and several have had additional dips in Coral RX, Revive or iodine for various issues.
I plan to make sure all the parameters match and and add them to the DT tomorrow*. Do I dip them again?

I'm also hoping the frogspawn, zoa and frammer start doing better being in a tank with fish, they've been closed on for at least a month, but seem otherwise healthy (ie, they'll take food.

I also noticed a pineapple sponge on one of the frags the the other day, but I plan to leave it on (unless I should dip and the dip kills it).

*I'm using the same lights with the same schedule, if I keep them at the same PAR level, I assume I don't have to acclimate the lighting, right? Though I do need to check what par everything I'm moving should be at...they could very well be getting the wrong amount of light.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally do not QT anything. Corals get dipped and go directly into the DT. If you want to re-dip your corals before adding them, I do not see a problem with that. Personally, I don't feel that that level of sterility is necessary, but that is just my opinion. It is YOUR tank.. You do what YOU feel is best. who cares what we think? .

Blumy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No QT for anything here. Corals get dipped for pests then straight in if bought online. Buy all my fish from the LFS who tell me how long they’ve had it in their qt system, eating well etc. Never had any issues in 8 years.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back