Dips and potential dreaded “white bugs”

Jennifish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’ve had this frogspawn for a few months and it’s been doing great, great extension and it recently split to 2 mouths but sort of remained as 1 head for a short while as it branched a little more. Over the last week or so it’s retracts more and more and has now definitely split into 2 distinct heads… however I have seen small bugs on the head similar to those described as “white bugs” on other than, the flesh band is all good though, no recession there….

My other euphyllia (hammers and frogspawns) are doing fine, normal extension etc and feeding well and I can’t see any of the bugs on those.

I’ve moved this frogspawn down to the sand bed away from the others incase it is bugs… my question is;

How long should I wait to see if it’s retracted due to splitting the head?

And can anyone recommend a good pest dip? I’m in the uk so dr Gs etc a no go…
(I’ve tried coral rx - the tea tree type dip, and it’s been in iodine too since I noticed it slowly retracting)

If no dip will work my last resort is a buffered RO dip, but don’t want to jump the gun if it’s sulking due to splitting…
IMG_5736.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back