Do you run a moonlight?

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are mixed opinions about letting the tank get a rest period of 0 light and everything... but I am interested in what everyone else does! I personally have my lights ramp up then down for the night and they turn completely off.. I do not have any real livestock at the moment so I am unsure if no lights effect the fish or anything else inside the tank!

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let my moonlights run for 3 hours after the primary light cycle so there is plenty of total blackout for the fish and corals.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are mixed opinions about letting the tank get a rest period of 0 light and everything... but I am interested in what everyone else does! I personally have my lights ramp up then down for the night and they turn completely off.. I do not have any real livestock at the moment so I am unsure if no lights effect the fish or anything else inside the tank!
I run my lights while I’m at school which is seven hours then when I get home I do a look over and shut them off completely. There’s a small light over my fuge and a little sliver of it shines in the display but that’s it

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back