Do you run moonlights with your LED fixture?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefing8EZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefing8EZ

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
9
Location
Sunny SoCal!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R,
I was wondering how many people with LED fixtures run a lunar cycle?
If so, do you run them all night long?
I run an Ecotech Radion and want to do a lunar/moonlight cycle.
But want to know which blues to use, royal or regular for this?
And how low should intensity be set and how long? Thanks!! :bigsmile:
 
Can't help you with your specific Radion question .... but tell you what I do a and give you a free bump out of it!!

I run a combo led/t5 fixture ..... and I leave my row of blue led's on at 3% as moonlight until midnight and they kick on again in the morning at 5:00 ..... more for my hours and viewing pleasure than any try at a moon cycle for the fish and/or corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new