Do you spoil your fish with food?

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you spoil your fish with multiple types of foods or treats like pods?

Obviously you can buy lrs or rods or similar and be fine feeding one thing but id like to mix it up a bit. Currently just feeding rods fish food original but im going to the store tomorrow to see if there is anything else my clown or future fish will want.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed dry hourly between 0830 and 1830. I feed frozen twice rotating through LRS reef, LRS nano, mysis, brine, prime reef, pe calanus, and an angle mix. The dry is a blend of TDO small, medium, pe mysis, and a couple hikari types. Once a week I'll remove macro algae from the refugium and give that to the rabbit and tang. The copperband and milletseed butterfly also scour the macro algae for worms and aiptasia.

My reason is rather simple. Smaller portions through out the day in flow areas means everyone is going to get something. Also I typically introduce captive bred or raised fish and they are growing. Combine the two this is what I came up with and it works for me.

OP
OP
Bakedpwn

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed dry hourly between 0830 and 1830. I feed frozen twice rotating through LRS reef, LRS nano, mysis, brine, prime reef, pe calanus, and an angle mix. The dry is a blend of TDO small, medium, pe mysis, and a couple hikari types. Once a week I'll remove macro algae from the refugium and give that to the rabbit and tang. The copperband and milletseed butterfly also scour the macro algae for worms and aiptasia.

My reason is rather simple. Smaller portions through out the day in flow areas means everyone is going to get something. Also I typically introduce captive bred or raised fish and they are growing. Combine the two this is what I came up with and it works for me.
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if there was a good dry. Im going to look into your combo!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back