Do your fish eat with only blues on?

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 4 fish in my tank; maroon clown, starry blenny, fairy wrasse and flasher wrasse. The blenny and clown do not eat unless the white lights are on. I have blues on for a couple hours before the whites come on and only the wrasses will eat during that time. I’m wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their fish?

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my fish eat fine under the blues. Do you feed first thing in the morning? I find my fish are more interested in food as the day goes on.

You could try running the whites earlier for a little while and see if that makes a difference.

OP
OP
TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blues come on 11am, whites and blues from 1pm until 8pm and then blues until 10pm. Sometimes I feed before whites come on and just happen to notice only the two eat. The blenny watches from her hole in the rock and the clown just hangs out by her overflow box. Normal light feeding time and they all eat like raptors. Just curious if anyone else noticed and maybe know why they act like that

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish eat any time they are out and about. My lights don’t come on till 8 am, I put nori on 2 clips in the tank at 6:30 am and the tangs start to eat it immediately, then I feed frozen between 4 and 5 pm, my t5’s are usually still on along with my led’s on AB+ and all fish go crazy when the frozen is added.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't feed under blues in the initial photoperiod, I wait for the whites, but I feed during blues at night quite often and they have no problem.

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I feed very late at night, and the fish will come out to eat even if they've settled into their nighttime hiding places

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back