Do zoas close up while they eat?

bfazio1030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just fed my zoas reef roids. Some of the polyps appeared to close up right after. Are they eating it? Or do they not like it?

Last edited:

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine never close up until its night time even if i try to feed. Dont bother feeding them though, theyll grow fast and youll just be polluting your water

Anihiel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I target feed with reefroids also, yes the polyps closing means they are eating. Basically sticking their tentacles in their mouth by closing. They seem to love the reefroids and I've gotten great growth.

OP
OP
bfazio1030

bfazio1030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I target feed with reefroids also, yes the polyps closing means they are eating. Basically sticking their tentacles in their mouth by closing. They seem to love the reefroids and I've gotten great growth.
How often do you feed?

Anihiel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you feed?
I feed every day whenever i see the polyps out searching for food- usually late afternoon early evening. I vary their diet between cyclops, marine snow, reef bugs, etc as each type prefers different food, so in actuality they are not all getting their favorite every single day. I try to run high nutrients as this is more like their actual ocean environment where they are constantly getting washed with various nutrients with every wave. BUT I've also got a huge protein skimmer that clears up the excess. It's a struggle to get everything balanced just right, each tank is different.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back