• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

DOA Red Coris Wrasse From Saltwaterfish.com

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

DiloHunter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my second Red Coris Wrasse that has arrived DOA from saltwaterfish. The first DOA they were nice enough to send a free one back but that one was dead. This is the only time I've had DOA fish from this website. Not sure what they're going to do now. I'll answer when I get a response from them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are they shipping with adequate water and air in bag ?
Wrasses are hit and miss with shipping

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DiloHunter I'm from Cincy Ohio also...

Go see Tori at Aquarium Artisans in TriCounty.

She orders fish on Mondays. She can get you practically any fish if it's in the distribution channel.

The fish Tori orders are healthy. Never had problems with Aquarium Artisans

DavidinGA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's random. I ordered a few weeks ago and got 1 DOA flame angel and the other 3 fish were super healthy. Got a 100% refund on the flame (not store credit).

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get a yellow one about a year and a half ago. Kept geting DOA, or they would last about 3 days. Eventually gave up.

doesn't seem like they ship very well.

OP
OP
DiloHunter

DiloHunter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DiloHunter I'm from Cincy Ohio also...

Go see Tori at Aquarium Artisans in TriCounty.

She orders fish on Mondays. She can get you practically any fish if it's in the distribution channel.

The fish Tori orders are healthy. Never had problems with Aquarium Artisans
Ok. I'll go there. Another friend recommended Aquarium Artisans butI haven't had time lately so I think this will nudge me to go.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwaterfish just emailed me. They gave me store credit so it least I got something.
You'll still need to pay shipping. And when that one dies shortly after, they won't give you credit again.

Good luck!

DaScubaSteve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered from SALTWATERFISH.COM on friday and was not impressed by the health of the fish. 2 of the five are dead so far and it hasn't even been 48 hours. The elibi angel had scales that were raised and had some red marks on its stomacc and didn't look healthy. And the butterfly fish which was in a different qt tank died over night. Maybe it was the shipping or maybe they were sick. The flame angel I ordered has tattered fins may even be a bacterial infection he seems to be breathing harder than I'd like again maybe ammonia. I should have tested the bag water they came in. They were only in the bags for 24 hours max as I picked them up at the fed ex facility at 10 am so they weren't driving around in a hot truck all day.

I put the tickets in for the dead fish we will see how it's resolved but based on my experience so far I don't even want to deal with the headache of trying to nurse any fish from them back to health. I rather buy local and see the healthy specimen I'm buying.

20230415_103240.jpg 20230414_154419.jpg 20230414_154324.jpg

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back