DOC 9001 Comline Nano Skimmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Coeurdenuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

My skimmer stopped working and I reached out to your company via email, but I haven't heard a response yet. I can't seem to find my skimmer for sale any longer (online) with the water intake at the bottom (not surface entrance) and also has the dial (comline?) to regulate air flow.
I've NEVER had an issue with any of your products so I am mystified. It's not even two years old...

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry, but I did not get an email from you to my knowledge. It does have a 2 year warranty and usually on an AC model skimmer any issues would be very simple. Even out of warranty, I have all the spare parts. 9001's are getting a slight design change and are unavailable at the moment but will start shipping again in a couple months. Can you give me any more detail on the issue? My direct email is Tunze at sbcglobal dot net, this is the email on the warranty manual, the other emails all route through the main headquarters in Germany.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don,

I got a blank email from you that had my reply?

Don,

Have you checked the basics, i.e. removed the pump removed the impeller, removed the impeller cover and cleaned all 3 parts? Generally the pump needs to be disassembled and leaned every 6 months as it will lock up with calcium. The impeller cover air intake nipple tends to lock up with salt creep. If needed, you would send in only the pump and we would get it repaired within a day of receipt. I assume you are in the US? If so you would send it to:

Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

In general, failure of this pump is extremely rare, but it does use very little power and cannot start or overcome the resistance of excessive calcium deposits, after disassembly a long vinegar soak will clear these part of deposits. You can try the pump out of the skimmer in a bowl of water to verify if it works before assembly. If the impeller cover nipple is plugged it will be unable to draw in air.

Roger

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will get it done promptly, most repairs are complete within one business day of receipt.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent a message on this.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back