DOC Skimmer 9012 DC no power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nursingcoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Had since 11/2020. Now, the controller wont power on. No light on power dial. Swapped power plug from my other working DOC Skimmer 9410 DC, but no power still on DOC 9012 DC. Any tech support, please.

Thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is difficult to diagnose without having it here to test each component. As far as things you can check yourself, make sure the pump is clean. The impeller should remove easily from the pump leaving behind a metal shaft in the motor, this pump generally should be broken down and cleaned every 6 months, if it is locked up, this can be a cause. Besides that, the pump would need to come in to determine if the culprit is the controller, a mechanical issue, or the motor, we have all parts in stock and can generally have it repaired within a day of receipt.

OP
OP
N

nursingcoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is difficult to diagnose without having it here to test each component. As far as things you can check yourself, make sure the pump is clean. The impeller should remove easily from the pump leaving behind a metal shaft in the motor, this pump generally should be broken down and cleaned every 6 months, if it is locked up, this can be a cause. Besides that, the pump would need to come in to determine if the culprit is the controller, a mechanical issue, or the motor, we have all parts in stock and can generally have it repaired within a day of receipt.
Okay thanks,
.I will troubleshoot those steps more,

Regards

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back