Documenting RRC Rainbow Splice Growth Thread

I agree it is gorgeous. Admirable growth rate also. Well done.

A dumb question if I may... The original piece from RRC, was it (as the name suggests) literally two frags from separate colonies spliced together?
 
I agree it is gorgeous. Admirable growth rate also. Well done.

A dumb question if I may... The original piece from RRC, was it (as the name suggests) literally two frags from separate colonies spliced together?
Thank you very much. It's actually not a spliced coral. It was a pink Milli that has a green fluorescent protein infection. You can read more about it here: https://reefbuilders.com/2019/01/10/the-rainbow-splice-acropora-millepora-from-reef-raft-canada/#
 
April 1 update - the green has become more yellow:

RRC Rainbow Splice.jpg
 
Looks like all the previous cuts are growing nice.
They are, in fact I'm considering additional surgery. If I do it I'll post pics...
 
Time for the May 1 update - I did a little surgery again, and I also took one small frag off to start growing as a backup.

RRC Rainbow Splice.jpg
 
The growth on this has been awesome to track. I recently got a small frag, hopefully mine sees growth like this one. Keep on with the updates! Lots of fun to follow.
 
WOW! Makes me wanna throw out my softies and LPS and go full SPS! Beautiful piece, keep those progress pics coming
 
Taken a couple months off from pics of this one, but here's a macro as a tease. Will post an update on 8/1

RRC Rainbow Splice Macro.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new