Does Anacropora Encruse Base?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shimps1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shimps1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
138
Reaction score
82
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much as the title describes. I figured I'd take a shot at a small frag of anacropora, to see if my tank will support more finicky SPS than montis. I got a nice little frag, but I am wondering, will it encrust around it's base? Eventually I'd like to mount it onto a rock, rather than on a frag plug.
 
IMG20250920221719.jpg
 
Mine never have.

This one I just tossed in between a couple of rocks.
PXL_20260314_170140319.MP.jpg


This one is attached but it looks like the blue bridge attached to the anacropora not the other way around.
PXL_20260314_170159758.MP.jpg


I bought my original piece as a loose cutting. Now I know why lol

I also can never get digitata to encrust on a plug. I can lay a piece on a rock and it will grow onto the rock but I've never gotten a piece to encrust onto a plug and I've probably tried a dozen times.
 
I also can never get digitata to encrust on a plug. I can lay a piece on a rock and it will grow onto the rock but I've never gotten a piece to encrust onto a plug and I've probably tried a dozen times.
Interesting, was just wondering why mine seems to be growing up but not out while everything else is growing up and out. Time to rip it off the pesky plug.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new