Does anybody know how the new tunze controller works?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingAh123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KingAh123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
196
Reaction score
136
Location
Denmark Løkken
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just got the new Tunze 9012 DC skimmer for my tank, and it came with the new controller.

The problem is, I have no idea how it works, and it seems like it wasn’t even designed to be used with a skimmer. For example, I tried the wave function just for fun, but now I can’t turn it off. The manual included with the skimmer shows the old controller... There’s no guide on how the new one is supposed to work. Does anyone know?

20250104_151657.jpg
 
Yea, that controller looks like it’s for a Tunze Turbelle power head.
 
Either it was a mistake or the skimmer uses a Turbelle power head and it’s meant to be run on a constant flow mode so the controller could be used but with no pulsing or change in flow.
 
Either it was a mistake or the skimmer uses a Turbelle power head and it’s meant to be run on a constant flow mode so the controller could be used but with no pulsing or change in flow.
I figured it out, I think, so if you change min power and max power to the same flow rate it will be constant.
 
I figured it out, I think, so if you change min power and max power to the same flow rate it will be constant.
As I figured. That would be the only way it would make sense. Wouldn’t want your skimmer pulsing. :)
 
As I figured. That would be the only way it would make sense. Wouldn’t want your skimmer pulsing. :)
At least I can say I have a skimmer with a wave mode... what a weird design. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Does it return to the same settings after losing power?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new