Does anyone else have a mean lawnmower blenny?

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2018
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
1,098
Location
KS
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rarely had jerk fish in my tanks. I always hear stories about paired clownfish being biters but mine never once messed with me. My tiny lawnmower blenny though has lately decided that my hand is his mortal enemy. Trying to rearrange some frags the other day and that little jerk tagged me like 5 times. It's not even like they are usually aggressive fish from my experience.

My kids thought it was hilarious though.
 
Combtooth blennies can be very mean, they're pretty territorial in nature and I've had them come after me while diving.
 
My lawnmower blenny is seemingly peaceful until someone encroaches on whatever cave he has chosen for the day. He will square off with anyone - even the niger trigger!
 
Mine seems to ignore everyone for the most part, he has his little ledge he rests on when not looking around for food, he even lets the clown goby share his ledge. Never seen him act aggressive towards anything in the tank, nor my hand.
 
I've had starry and lawnmowers that were jerks. Now I don t have either!
 
Mine weren’t aggressive but I have so many tangs I don’t keep them anymore!
 
I do.. But PLEASE don't tell him I said that [emoji850]
 
I have rarely had jerk fish in my tanks. I always hear stories about paired clownfish being biters but mine never once messed with me. My tiny lawnmower blenny though has lately decided that my hand is his mortal enemy. Trying to rearrange some frags the other day and that little jerk tagged me like 5 times. It's not even like they are usually aggressive fish from my experience.

My kids thought it was hilarious though.
I got a lawnmower blenn, two days ago, and so far he has mugged, my royal gamma into almost death, and has been taking pot shots at my clown fish pair. Complete jerk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new