Does anyone else use Tropic Marin All For Reef?

Yves Alaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just thought since I'm already using Their salt in my nano.. why not just give the all for reef a try. I rarely see any post about this product. so please can someone give some feedback about it?

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I started using it recently; I used to use AquaForest 1+2+3+ components. If your tank is small, i think All for Reef is great or it could get expensive. I actually like the colors on my corals better since I started using it.

OP
OP
Yves Alaby

Yves Alaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I started using it recently; I used to use AquaForest 1+2+3+ components. If your tank is small, i think All for Reef is great or it could get expensive. I actually like the colors on my corals better since I started using it.
As long as it gets the job done.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use and love it on my RSR 170 mixed reef LPS dominant. Early days yet (8 months) and consumption still thin, but keeps my Alk/CA dead on with a daily dose. Can't speak to the other trace elements (can't remember the number advertised) but everything is growing with great color.

It's also easy enough that I haven't worried about doser just yet. Quick squeeze of the Bettix bottle and pour it in every morning. No mixing, no pouring in high flow (I pour in return section so it is really but I don't have to be careful), dead easy.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a lot of good things about it also..I use their salts and real happy with it..only drawback on all for reef it is pricey

OP
OP
Yves Alaby

Yves Alaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use and love it on my RSR 170 mixed reef LPS dominant. Early days yet (8 months) and consumption still thin, but keeps my Alk/CA dead on with a daily dose. Can't speak to the other trace elements (can't remember the number advertised) but everything is growing with great color.

It's also easy enough that I haven't worried about doser just yet. Quick squeeze of the Beddix bottle and pour it in every morning. No mixing, no pouring in high flow (I pour in return section so it is really but I don't have to be careful), dead easy.
I think I might pull the trigger and give it a try.

OP
OP
Yves Alaby

Yves Alaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a lot of good things about it also..I use their salts and real happy with it..only drawback on all for reef it is pricey
The salt is a bit expensive and hard to find for some people. Luckily my LFS uses the same salt.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might pull the trigger and give it a try.
If you have a nano or small tank I would for sure. I started with smaller bottle and just purchased the bigger 1L. I expect to use it until consumption gets stupid expensive high to maintain with it. If I never reach that point, then I may use it for a long time.

Two things - 1) it can sometimes be hard to find, so order new when you still have 1/4 bottle (or several weeks left).

2) Start slow if you have low demand. Think I started out half the recommended dose. I think the dose is probably recommended for established mixed tanks.

I can't speak to any long term negatives, but don't suspect any. The science I've read on it is solid (not a scientist here though), it's just more expensive that most want to pay compared to mixing own. I like the ease and it's worth it to me...so far.

Good luck!

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the recipe if you are into DIY directly from Lou of Tropic Marin himself.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using it for a few months now in my Red Sea reefer 170. I have it on a doser. Keeps my parameters solid. It’s expensive if you have a large tank, as demand will go up as corals grow. I believe it also adds trace elements too.

It’s super easy to use, doser or not. The only drawback is that I don’t know if it helps pH like two part or kalk would.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The salt is more expensive but dang it if my sps coral colors didn't start exploding when I started using it a month or so ago. Sooooo I'm using it exclusively at this point.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using it. I wanted an easy solution and All for reef does that. If it works well, and based on many reviews I've read, it does, I will start mixing my own. I also use Tropic Marin's Reef Pro salt. I find all of their products work well.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really helpful for people that are new to sps corals and dosing. It lets you hold off on a doser while you gain experience with sps corals.

Eventually, it probably becomes prohibitively expensive (unless you get paid Porsche Pay at work) and then a doser and two part is the way to go. By that point, you know if sps corals are your thing, or not (actually they are everyone’s thing whether you are successful or not).

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you noticed growth, colors, or Coraline?
Coraline and coral growth is excellent compared to prior. The colors are good but about the same. I use all-for-reef because I want to dose one solution that does 2 part + trace and a bit of carbon dosing with one doser - I do not have a ton of room in my stand or a real controller. It serves the purpose well and the 1L bottle should last me around 3 months.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bottle and don’t use it as im confused as to how much to use. With 2 part I was able to independently get alk and ca to the right place but with All For Reef I don’t understand how to accomplish that.

so if you start with a tank that has CA & alk disproportionately off how would you raise Alk more than the Ca or visa versa?

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 43.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 63 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back