Does anyone have a good solution for mounting those ac/dc power supply boxes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chezted
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chezted

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
63
Reaction score
18
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, has anyone figured out a good way to mount those annoying ac/dc power supply boxes? Tried Velcro, it fails after a while. I was thinking about some kind of strap clamp, but having found anything that would work.I am working on the electrical cabinet for my new build and really would like to find a clean looking permanent solution.
I would
appreciate any help with this
 
Inside top of my stand on my new build as well as my cerebra powerbars. This elos stand helps due to its design, but here is a pic of fitting everything.

1480050468444.jpg

1480050421053.jpg
 
I just use a standard cable tie mount with a small stainless screw through it and a cable tie around the transformer box. The screw makes sure the double-sided tape doesn't turn loose.
 
Everything in my cabinet is mounted with those velcro command strips. They stick well and pull off easily as I move things around to add/remove equipment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new