Does anyone have an ID on this worm?

busyworks

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this worm in my tank today. Maybe 3-4inches long depending on how it's stretched out. Very skinny, and white with long hairs coming off the sides. The hairs are longer and further apartment than say a bristle, or fire worm.

I've tried to identify it, but haven't been able to. Just curious if it's something I should take out, or a cool critter to have. C8BAE892-6E69-4BE4-9D5D-2849BFC17B41.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    18.8 MB
Hey WELCOME TO THE REEF!! R2R

SUPER INTERESTING FIND

I initially thought It was a baby bobbit worm.... but those long fine hairs....
 
So far nobody has been able to identify it on here, or Reddit, and I definitely have no idea.

It only comes out when I feed the tank meaty foods which scares me a little lol. Might play it safe and remove it.
 
Removed it. Here's a little close up
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6104.MOV
    17 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new