Does anyone have any experience with this glue?

Walleye34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this glue on Amazon and was wondering if anybody had any experience with it for glueing together dry rock ? It’s cyanoacrylate the same as super glue. Trying to find an alternative to paying 40 bucks for a tube of Jurassic Gel. Thanks!
5C9168F4-32FB-443E-8E4E-D5053ADD7A30.jpeg

OP
OP
Walleye34

Walleye34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this glue on Amazon and was wondering if anybody had any experience with it for glueing together dry rock ? It’s cyanoacrylate the same as super glue. Trying to find an alternative to paying 40 bucks for a tube of Jurassic Gel. Thanks!
5C9168F4-32FB-443E-8E4E-D5053ADD7A30.jpeg
My apologies I didn’t mean to post this in the same forum twice

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know that product, but I bought this (16oz) and love it.

The bottles and nozzles are a very soft plastic. So when the glue dries at the tips, I just mash them with pliers to break up the glue and get rolling.

I strongly recommend using an accelerant when working with rockscapes. It instantly hardens the bond. Obviously you don't use accelerant for live frags, and do crack a window when using it.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as pure cyanoacyrlate its reef safe. I tend to stick with IC-gel because of cost and ease to work with. And i know what i am getting. But if in a bind ill use any gel super glue.
I prefer The small tubes over bottles unless i need a lot of glue for something. Easier for me to apply where i want. And always wear gloves :p

OP
OP
Walleye34

Walleye34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as pure cyanoacyrlate its reef safe. I tend to stick with IC-gel because of cost and ease to work with. And i know what i am getting. But if in a bind ill use any gel super glue.
I prefer The small tubes over bottles unless i need a lot of glue for something. Easier for me to apply where i want. And always wear gloves :p
Thanks!

OP
OP
Walleye34

Walleye34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know that product, but I bought this (16oz) and love it.

The bottles and nozzles are a very soft plastic. So when the glue dries at the tips, I just mash them with pliers to break up the glue and get rolling.

I strongly recommend using an accelerant when working with rockscapes. It instantly hardens the bond. Obviously you don't use accelerant for live frags, and do crack a window when using it.

Thanks!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back