Does anybody have any experience with the Hydros-Kraken?

ozs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new tank and have the Kraken but most of my equipment is not compatible with the force cables. I am using the AI Blade lights, MP40s, and the syncra sicce sdc 7.0 pump. Has anyone else run into this issue? One of the threads I found said that Coralvue put them onto a multipack of like 30 different DC adapters, but I really don't want to go that route, mostly because I don't want to buy the multipack 4 or 5 times just to use a single adapter out of it. If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear how you tackled this.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new tank and have the Kraken but most of my equipment is not compatible with the force cables. I am using the AI Blade lights, MP40s, and the syncra sicce sdc 7.0 pump. Has anyone else run into this issue? One of the threads I found said that Coralvue put them onto a multipack of like 30 different DC adapters, but I really don't want to go that route, mostly because I don't want to buy the multipack 4 or 5 times just to use a single adapter out of it. If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear how you tackled this.
I think the multi pack you can use to find out what you need and order more of the ones you need. The most common are the 5.5mm barrel connectors but they come with a 2.1mm and a 2.5mm center hole. I have the Sicce SDC 3.0 and have it powered on the Kraken force port. If I remember correctly the force port connector connected directly to the DC jack on the controller.

BR260354

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the force port cable with barrel plugs right into the SDC 3.0. Looks like the SDC 7.0 is 24v, so it should work the same OR it may need a 2.5mm center, in which you can get an adapter.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back