Hydros program pump variable on time

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like my "Hydros Micro DC Pump" which is connected to a drive port to run for 3 seconds at 10AM, 5 seconds at 11AM, then 20 seconds at Noon. Any suggestions on how I could program this?

Why would I want to do this crazy thing? I have made a simple feeder for thawed frozen food (basically just the Micro DC Pump, plastic bottle, and tubing so total cost $25). It is easy to program the pump to run multiple times for the same length of time, but then most of the food is dispensed the first time the pump runs. If I can run the pump for progressively longer intervals, then I can dispense the same amount of food each time, with the final run long enough to completely flush the system. I have some picky fish that don't like pellets unfortunately otherwise I would just use the auto feeder.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One way you can do it is to create a generic output for each of the times and then use a combiner output with each of the generic outputs as inputs and use the OR combiner mode.

OP
OP
J

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I am new to Hydros. I will try to figure that out this evening. Sounds like what I would do is make a generic output A that runs for 3s at 10AM, a generic output B that runs for 5s at 11AM, and a generic output C that runs for 15s at noon. Then I would make a Combiner A using 'or' for outputs A and B, then a combiner B using 'or' for Combiner A and Output C, which would drive the pump. Is that the gist of it?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I am new to Hydros. I will try to figure that out this evening. Sounds like what I would do is make a generic output A that runs for 3s at 10AM, a generic output B that runs for 5s at 11AM, and a generic output C that runs for 15s at noon. Then I would make a Combiner A using 'or' for outputs A and B, then a combiner B using 'or' for Combiner A and Output C, which would drive the pump. Is that the gist of it?
You will only need one combiner sine a combiner can have up to 9 inputs. In the case of the combiner the inputs are other outputs. Also there is an invert input but in this case it is not used. Here is one I have setup with three inputs. It is used to turn on the input solenoid for my RODI if either of the three outputs used for inputs turn on.

IMG_0749.png

OP
OP
J

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK that works! For some reason I had to delete and remake one of my generic outputs as it was not triggering the combiner, but other than that it was super easy. Thanks for the help.

This allows me to delay (and spread out) my morning feeding so I can add frozen food before I go to work but then the have lights come on and food go in the tank a couple hours later. I have been running a really long photoperiod in the past so I can feed manually both before and after work (15 hours) but I think this will be a better option.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A generic output can do multiple times as long as the time on and time between are equal but in your case they are not equal so that requires different timers which are supplied using the three generic outputs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back