Hydros Quality & Customer Server

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh crap, you exist. I hoping to sell my new unopened Apex to try you guys out. Does Hydros support if/when statements?
Hydros does support conditional controls. The Combiner and Generic outputs allow AND/OR statements with multiple inputs (up to 9 on each). You can cascade multiple outputs together to create more complex logic control as well. While its not "code" its very flexible if you break down your logic into smaller functional blocks.

1707851412257.png

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh crap, you exist. I hoping to sell my new unopened Apex to try you guys out. Does Hydros support if/when statements?

The answer you are looking for is yes. However, with HYDROS you are not writing lines of code, so it is not if/when statements. You will find the configuring of HYDROS extremely easy and user-intuitive, with everything being a dropdown in preset outputs like heater, lights, return pump, protein skimmer, etc.

There is also Generic and Combiner Outputs, which is an extremely customizable output that can utilize a number of inputs to make an output decision. No matter the output, you will have "Depends On", there you can set On if On, On if Off, Off if Off, Off if On.

You will find the advanced level configurations you wish, without having to code to do so.

xtianGEO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hydros does support conditional controls. The Combiner and Generic outputs allow AND/OR statements with multiple inputs (up to 9 on each). You can cascade multiple outputs together to create more complex logic control as well. While its not "code" its very flexible if you break down your logic into smaller functional blocks.

1707851412257.png
dang seems like IFTTT. How would you run ozone on set days, hours, and set times w/ option to skip if ORP >380. Can hydros do something like this?

xtianGEO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The answer you are looking for is yes. However, with HYDROS you are not writing lines of code, so it is not if/when statements. You will find the configuring of HYDROS extremely easy and user-intuitive, with everything being a dropdown in preset outputs like heater, lights, return pump, protein skimmer, etc.

There is also Generic and Combiner Outputs, which is an extremely customizable output that can utilize a number of inputs to make an output decision. No matter the output, you will have "Depends On", there you can set On if On, On if Off, Off if Off, Off if On.

You will find the advanced level configurations you wish, without having to code to do so.
dang seems like IFTTT. How would you run ozone on set days, hours, and set times w/ option to skip if ORP >380. Can hydros do something like this?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use the Generic Output with 1 input from your ORP probe like this. You get basic scheduling with this, or you can hit the advanced toggle at the bottom and get more advanced scheduling controls (like intervals and such), if you want days of the week control, you could setup a separate schedule in the Schedules tab then port that into this output using the Depends On input. This will only enable this output based on the schedule you set elsewhere that has days configured.

1707852036024.png

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use the Generic Output with 1 input from your ORP probe like this. You get basic scheduling with this, or you can hit the advanced toggle at the bottom and get more advanced scheduling controls (like intervals and such), if you want days of the week control, you could setup a separate schedule in the Schedules tab then port that into this output using the Depends On input. This will only enable this output based on the schedule you set elsewhere that has days configured.

1707852036024.png
These are the advanced settings you get if you enable them for the above output:
1707852093738.png

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone and @rural-reefer! Quick update: I only recently caught this post.

On the day this post went up, we were already in touch with @rural-reefer through our support channel. Our head technician pinpointed the problem and provided a repair solution at a cost significantly below the anticipated 10%. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is paramount, and I'm pleased to report that we reached a positive resolution. Happy to share this good news with you all!
Thats great.....hopefully you get the leaking/noisy pumps for the Icecap skimmers fixed also.....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back