Does anyone have Jebao AL lights? What are your settings?

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see your settings to look around peaks, different colours graphs, how long does it work along the day. I have Jebao AL (AL-90 (90w)) series. I thing other lights would be interesting to see to.
For the last 4 month i've been doing some blackouts cause of dino, so now i want to more clearly understand how far i must/can return colours intensity and time longation to normal.
I have LPS and softies
Also those are wich i have now:

1706028505946.png 1706028524989.png 1706028534765.png 1706028542788.png 1706028612718.png 1706028622498.png

George's reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I have a biocube tank where I was planning to use one of this lights.

what are your first impressions on this light?

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I have a biocube tank where I was planning to use one of this lights.

I haven't had any experience with other lights. For its money, it's kind of a good light, especially for a semi-newbie with corals (not a marine aquarium at all) like me. Corals grow and reproduce even with 3 blackouts against dino outbreak (I'd rather blame all the maintenance and instability problems on dino and blackouts than on the light). I originally used a slightly different settings graphic one person gave me, but then I upset the bio balance and this started happening.
Overall I probably wouldn't say it's a bad light, but I don't have much of an experience to compare it to either.
In general, I heard from people that you have to be careful with UV channel, they can burn if you overdo it - I didn't notice any problems even at 70% peak.

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't have a problem with organics, in fact I even dose it. I have some headache with HA (and bryopsis after blackouts) - maybe it's from the white channel, or maybe it's normal, because I have no fish that would eat them, not a lot of cleaners (2-5 snails). And the corals I have so far not much, and those that are there - not much brood, and the volume (in 200l.) is large.

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are those Jebao lights working out? I’m considering getting one.
I wouldn't say it's bad, but I can't say 100% for sure, because I've had the aquarium for a long time, but I've only had corals for half a year. + I'm a student and I don't have stable money for ideal aquarium conditions yet. As a budget light it can be confidently bought. It would be interesting to hear in detail about your experience of using and adjusting it. I'll look forward to your updates.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back