Does anyone know if 1/4 inch nudibranchs will be big enough to kill my aptasia problem?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers! I am experiencing a good size aptasia problem in a 20 gallon and a 36. My dilemma is I have a credit at Salty Underground and they only have 1/4 nudibranchs at the time and they think it will be a while b4 they have 1/2 inch.

I was successful only adding 4 1/2 inch before (one died of the 5 I ordered) I would say my problem might be a little worse this time. I was going to order 6 for my 36 gallon and 4 for my 20 gallon but I am afraid they will starve to death before they start laying eggs. They say some are laying at that age but not all and dont know if thats the truth!

Has anyone had success with that size or should I just bite the bullet and pay much more for bigger ones? They even offer free shipping on my order (plus credit) and dont know where I can get that plus they have a fish and coral I want LOL and some clean up crew members.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 6 much smaller than 1/4" in my 90g a few months ago. All the Aiptasia was gone in less than 10 days. Haven't seen the nudibranch or Aiptasia since.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers! I am experiencing a good size aptasia problem in a 20 gallon and a 36. My dilemma is I have a credit at Salty Underground and they only have 1/4 nudibranchs at the time and they think it will be a while b4 they have 1/2 inch.

I was successful only adding 4 1/2 inch before (one died of the 5 I ordered) I would say my problem might be a little worse this time. I was going to order 6 for my 36 gallon and 4 for my 20 gallon but I am afraid they will starve to death before they start laying eggs. They say some are laying at that age but not all and dont know if thats the truth!

Has anyone had success with that size or should I just bite the bullet and pay much more for bigger ones? They even offer free shipping on my order (plus credit) and dont know where I can get that plus they have a fish and coral I want LOL and some clean up crew members.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Even if they are not big enough to start laying eggs just yet, they will still need to eat so they will go after the Aiptasia. I would go for it.. the sooner you get rid of the Aiptasia the better.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back