Does anyone know if this is a legitimate Red Sea packaging. It’s being offered with stand half the retail price privately.

OP
OP
vienna

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good space for a wee reef tank! :) Hope you're gonna love it; we love ours to bits! So versatile- and looks stunning!
It’s going to be my seahorse & critters tank.
Three projects! :) Zoanthids, NPS, Anemone...

The anemone tank is almost complete; the zoa tank will have it's first zoa's soon and the NPS/mangrove project is on planning stage.

We always wanted to try my luck with more species-specific tanks in stead of the 'classic' mixed reef..
ohh wow! They look great. Id like an anemone tank 1st I think. It’s the seahorses tank number 1. My new pair of baby spotted mandarin fish and a Red Ruby dragonet. My coral banded shrimp are in my DT otherwise I’d have added them too.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s going to be my seahorse & critters tank.

ohh wow! They look great. Id like an anemone tank 1st I think. It’s the seahorses tank number 1. My new pair of baby spotted mandarin fish and a Red Ruby dragonet. My coral banded shrimp are in my DT otherwise I’d have added them too.
I wish you best of luck! :) Your dragonets are fairly hard to keep and not for the faint of hearted :)

Thanks for sharing your story and your pictures..

OP
OP
vienna

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A magnifying glass for the instructions is recommended, lol. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I have 1 problem with this adventure. The main pump has 1 part missing. The switch for the valve to adjust the flow. I’ve looked a redsea parts & it seems I may have to replace the entire pump. They don’t sell just 1 piece of it. If the valve is completely open it should be ok but it could be completely closed on low flow. I can check in the bath hey?! I haven’t completed the pump yet so don’t know if any more parts are missing

Attachments

• 71792045526__40AC537A-6E84-4BF6-A86C-6BCE50D02006.jpeg
    71792045526__40AC537A-6E84-4BF6-A86C-6BCE50D02006.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 20
  • 71792047200__CE5D7AAF-D217-4502-AA79-6F1C085F09BA.jpeg
    71792047200__CE5D7AAF-D217-4502-AA79-6F1C085F09BA.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 22

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 problem with this adventure. The main pump has 1 part missing. The switch for the valve to adjust the flow. I’ve looked a redsea parts & it seems I may have to replace the entire pump. They don’t sell just 1 piece of it. If the valve is completely open it should be ok but it could be completely closed on low flow. I can check in the bath hey?! I haven’t completed the pump yet so don’t know if any more parts are missing
I believe Sicce manufactured the pump for Red Sea, so if you check the measurements against the Sicce Silent pumps on Sicce's website the exact cover should fit. I believe it may be a Syncra 0.5 or 1.0.

I have a similar pump and it looks identical. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
vienna

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Sicce manufactured the pump for Red Sea, so if you check the measurements against the Sicce Silent pumps on Sicce's website the exact cover should fit. I believe it may be a Syncra 0.5 or 1.0.

Thanks. I worked out how to switch the valve to high flow so is working properly. I will try to replace that part though. I ended up with 2 of the same & 1 missing.

OP
OP
vienna

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can still switch the flow. So I probably won’t worry about it. Thanks

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back