does anyone know what this is and this cool interaction

nitefall101

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
america
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i looked in the middle of the night in my tank and see this really big worm(looks like a brissle worm but different) and he was trying to steal this normal brissle worm from my arrow crab. this unknown worm was pretty big and google or ai couldn’t help me identify it in time so i just removed it while i could because i know i could possibly never see it again and didn’t know if it was harmful. could anyone help tell what this is and interesting facts on it ?








 
It looks like a fireworm.
 
Looks like two bristle worms to me.
 
Bump. I can not see video.
If you are using the app click the share button, copy the link and use a webbrowser.

The app videoplayer is unfortunately still broken, they are working on it.

Edit: I vote Nereididae for now.
The slightly blue tint and sparse yellow-ish bristles are not too uncommon there as well as no visible antenna.

Fireworms are broad-bodied and have very dense bristles, which this specimen lacks.

I can't fully rule out Eunicidae yet because my polychaete identification skills are still very bad, but I'm working on it 😅
 
Last edited:
If you are using the app click the share button, copy the link and use a webbrowser.

The app videoplayer is unfortunately still broken, they are working on it.

Edit: I vote Nereididae for now.
The slightly blue tint and sparse yellow-ish bristles are not too uncommon there as well as no visible antenna.

Fireworms are broad-bodied and have very dense bristles, which this specimen lacks.

I can't fully rule out Eunicidae yet because my polychaete identification skills are still very bad, but I'm working on it 😅
I don't think it's a Eunice worm, I think it's just two bristle worms; one larger than the other.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new