Does anyone know what this thing is?

Loganberry98

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very new to reef keeping. This is a 7 gallon tank with live rock. This thing started growing around a month ago and grew pretty quickly but hasn't grown much past this size. It's around the size of a quarter right now. Is it a sponge?
IMG_0893.jpeg
IMG_0895.jpeg
 
definitely seems to be a sponge, although I must say I don't know what type ( I suck at sponge Id lol)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new