Does anyone know where to buy colonies?

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Western Colorado and there is literally no where to buy coral around here. I would like to purchase small to large colonies but am not sure where to find them that would ship.
Any suggestions?

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should check out cherry corals. they have great corals I think you would enjoy having some from them like myself.

Nasir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Western Colorado and there is literally no where to buy coral around here. I would like to purchase small to large colonies but am not sure where to find them that would ship.
Any suggestions?
Try Pacific East Aquaculture they just got a shipment in.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock USA, he will tranship you a box of acropora and it works out to about 125 per colony and they average about 5”. Problem is there is only Australia and Tonga to get colonies from right now really.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the point. There really aren’t any. If there are I can’t find them.
So what I've done is basically live on local Facebook market place and Craigslist. It's usually tank break downs. Sometimes they don't even mention live stock I just ask. That approach is OK for more populous area. I guess Aquasd looked like they had some decent mini colonies. I just bought some stuff from a guy that had amazing selection and great prices. Check him out id say he's your best bet @That guy

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock USA, he will tranship you a box of acropora and it works out to about 125 per colony and they average about 5”. Problem is there is only Australia and Tonga to get colonies from right now really.

+1
Years ago me and some other local stickheads split up an order from him, as you will be spending $900-1200 minimum on an order when you account in the box charges.

Good stuff though, we got some really nice pieces that we were kinda fighting over, lol

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So what I've done is basically live on local Facebook market place and Craigslist. It's usually tank break downs. Sometimes they don't even mention live stock I just ask. That approach is OK for more populous area. I guess Aquasd looked like they had some decent mini colonies. I just bought some stuff from a guy that had amazing selection and great prices. Check him out id say he's your best bet @That guy
Thanks for shout out I appreciate it.

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm making an order with Livestockusa. Big orders but tons of corals. I am looking at getting the VietNam ultra box for zoas, shrooms and soft corals. Mitch, the guy I've been talking to, said that I should have at least a 100g tank to QT all these corals. He also said a 60g tank is way to small to qt them. Just to give you an idea of how much coral you get with them ;)

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy singles and WYSIWIG on Divers Den. They will ship to your door.

I have ordered from Birdfish (mitch/livestockusa) and have been happy. They are legit and do not make false promises. You will have to go to Denver International or Salt Lake to get them with airline freight. You cannot land these in your display - they need a QT/isolation setup ready to receive them. If you do order from them, you have a better chance at getting something unique if you choose wild over aqua cultured... but the aqua cultured are more of a sure thing... choices, choices.

Even over the divide, there are not many colonies for sale on the Front Range from Hobbyists. Aquatic Art has them most of the time - call them and see if they have anything that you are looking for.

OP
OP
Terri Caton

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I never even think about Craig's List. Thanks!

OP
OP
Terri Caton

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy singles and WYSIWIG on Divers Den. They will ship to your door.

I have ordered from Birdfish (mitch/livestockusa) and have been happy. They are legit and do not make false promises. You will have to go to Denver International or Salt Lake to get them with airline freight. You cannot land these in your display - they need a QT/isolation setup ready to receive them. If you do order from them, you have a better chance at getting something unique if you choose wild over aqua cultured... but the aqua cultured are more of a sure thing... choices, choices.

Even over the divide, there are not many colonies for sale on the Front Range from Hobbyists. Aquatic Art has them most of the time - call them and see if they have anything that you are looking for.

Yea. Too bad there's not a great place like WWC in Denver!
I'm from South Florida. I'm used to unlimited choices. It's harder out here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back