Does anyone own a UNS R120 Shallow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter de312
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

de312

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2026
Messages
40
Reaction score
25
Location
new york
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Looking to order one of these soon. Has anyone seen one of these set up and have an opinion on it over the R90 or R120? Thanks!
 
I have a r90 and a r150 shallow. Really depends on what you are planning to do with the tank. I utilize the r90 as a mixed reef display and the r150 shallow is being set up as a frag grow out tank. The 16 inch depth makes it very easy to work in the tank, maintain, light etc and is very cool to look at from above. The shallow tank doesn’t look as nice from the front and if it were a primary display I would always favor a deeper setup.
 
I’ve got the 120 and have nothing bad to say about it! Get the bigger size you won’t regret it.
 
I’ve got the 120 and have nothing bad to say about it! Get the bigger size you won’t regret it.
I ordered the R120 shallow and am very excited! I’ve been reading your post for recommendations on setup. This’ll be my first bigger reef tank. I ordered 2x Nero 5’s, a Sicce SDC 6.0, dual 200W heaters, an Apex controller and a Simplicity 120 skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new