UNS R series shallow tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter de312
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

de312

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2026
Messages
40
Reaction score
25
Location
new york
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Just placed my order for a UNS R120 Shallow. Looks like UNS just restocked everything in the shallow line.

I ordered with Top Shelf Aquatics, Frank is an absolute legend and helped me every step of the way with my countless questions and concerns.

Now to order pumps and wavemakers.............
 
Exciting! I think you might be the first R120S thread on R2R.
 
I will have to post the journey! If I was going with a Sicce SDC do you think the 6.0 or 7.0?
I have the R90 which, despite being less length, is about the same volume as the R120S and I use a Jebao DCP-5000 and run it at 45% to achieve roughly 3 turnovers through the sump per hour, with room to add a UV or similar down the line if needed

it looks like the Sicce SDC 6.0 has about the same flow rating and even slightly better head pressure curve so I think you will find the 6.0 to be plenty
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new