Does anyone sell sponges?

Yevoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone sell sponges.

My early era tank that was stocked with LR had sponges under every bit of rock that was not getting light. I liked it for biodiversity and just generally "something growing in an unused part of the tank."

My modern era tank, which was started with dry rock has not gotten any of this life so far and with dipping and scrubbing to remove bad hitchhikers I may be slowing my change to ever get them.

Does anyone know of a retailer that sells sponges?

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep your nutrients up and the sponges will appear. My moorish idol loves them and they just keep on growing proving they have the nutrients.

OP
OP
Yevoc

Yevoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep your nutrients up and the sponges will appear. My moorish idol loves them and they just keep on growing proving they have the nutrients.
My old tank covered in sponge was probably why my Moorish Idol was so easy to keep in the old tank.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One clever way to introduce a wide variety of sponges is to buy larger coral colonies on large LR. The large LR tend to get colonised by a profusion of sponges. I am always on the look out for these types of Corals on LR. As a matter of fact I have bought corals just because the LR they are attached to have sponges.
you just need a few spores and sufficient nutrients and they take off.

this red sponge I saw as a dot no bigger than a grain of rice 8 months ago... now look at it. The mushrooms are not bad either and have gone from 3 initially to nearly a dozen on this one LR alone...

1D2748C4-4328-4820-AD2D-0E096E33FE0C.jpeg

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few vendors that I have purchased sponges for my NPS tank... KP Aquatics, RUSALTY, and Alyssa's Seahorse Haven.

FastandCurious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can ship you a bag out of my sump right now. I thought they were aliens invading my tank when I saw them for the first time lol. This was just from a corner of my sump yesterday. Sponge Bob's whole fam set up shop down there ;Stop lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-223219_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-223219_Photos.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 48

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back