Does feeding light risk stunting growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter alex277
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2022
Messages
67
Reaction score
18
Location
Fort Wayne
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is more out of curiosity, I do feed a bit light, but to clarify my fish are perfectly healthy, but could feeding light cause fish to not grow to their full size potential? I don’t mean starving them just lightly feeding. I know fish don’t need a ton of food and are much easier to overfeed than to underfeed. But would a heavily fed tank have more growth potential than one that is more conservatively?
 
Amount of food and free space both contribute
 
Smaller amounts several times a day is better then one big meal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new