Does Fluconazole have any effect on chaeto?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dosed my tank for bryopsis on 8/17 and I actually felt like my chaeto's growth increased (maybe because my skimmer was off and my refugium is after the skimmer section, maybe just my perception and I'm wrong) but it definitely didn't die as of now. I've started running my skimmer again and done a water change and added my carbon back in and my bryopsis was gone and my GHA had taken a big, big hit. I don't really care much about it taking out GHA, I just wanted it for the bryopsis.

FWIW I didn't notice any adverse affects to any inhabitants and I have snails, hermits, urchins, corals, fish, and an anemone, although I do see some potential bleaching on my purple stylo but it's in spots that are shaded by higher branches so maybe coincidence? Definitely still kicking and purple polyps over most of it, just a couple sections but maybe I'm being hypercritical because I dosed.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fluconazole in the link from the petstore didn’t effect anything else in the tank.
The fluconazole in the form of Reefhd, killed off a lot of calurpa and chato and others.
Odd I know.
Different chemical compositions?

kirbuno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All but a small amount of my chaeto died off but took awhile so it may have been that the cyano outbreak I had directly afterward coated the fibers enough to kill it off. Had to reinstate it from another tank.

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cheato cannot seem to recover. I have only done the 1st 30% water change. I hope it revives itself as I get more fluc out.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back