Does larger anemone eat smaller ones!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raj2306
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Raj2306

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2018
Messages
60
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a carrot anemone which is quite large and covers almost a big rock. My BTA moves closer to it slowly everyday. I am just worried if the larger one would eat the BTA. I am feeding shrimp chunks for both. Should I move my BTA to some other rock, the problem is its really hard to remove this one once set is foot on a rock and I already did that twice in this month with so much difficulty and patience.
IMG_20181107_195526.jpeg
IMG_20180709_080558.jpeg
 
They won’t eat each other but could sting each other. It is best to keep the same type of Anemone in an aquarium, unless you have a huge tank. Even then nothing is set in stone. Also, you can move an Anemone, however, it may not stay there. Anemones are notorious for moving around till they find their happy place.
 
They won’t eat each other but could sting each other. It is best to keep the same type of Anemone in an aquarium, unless you have a huge tank. Even then nothing is set in stone. Also, you can move an Anemone, however, it may not stay there. Anemones are notorious for moving around till they find their happy place.
Thanks, I will see if I can move the bigger one somewhere. I have only a 55g so both are in a really tight spot now. This is the latest pic
IMG_20181112_230821.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new