Does my Derasa has PMD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hsp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
One thing I was wondering, in recognition that the PVC pipe is not matching my understanding of beauty, if I should try to find a "spot light" to blast the clam with light when it is positioned lower, without causing algae to grow madly or other corals to be blasted. Any recommendations?
 
I don’t see any symptoms of PMD. Derasas are pretty resistant to it.

If you started seeing growth again, I would keep it up.
 
One thing I was wondering, in recognition that the PVC pipe is not matching my understanding of beauty, if I should try to find a "spot light" to blast the clam with light when it is positioned lower, without causing algae to grow madly or other corals to be blasted. Any recommendations?
A variety of options. Something daylight spectrum narrow beam. This one is not sealed so dunno about using over a tank. Maybe if it's up high enough 35w 6000k 25degree beam spotlight
This one is sealed and not as much power if you only need a small boost in par 12w 5000k 24degree
 
So you think a regular light would work instead of some fancy marine tank light, like this Kessel with the reflector, which is a bit pricey?
The kessel is very nice but yes pricey.

If you are only looking to supplement your current light then yes a narrow beam 5000-6000k led will work fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new