Does my fungia look okay?

GeorgeTinck

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
33
Reaction score
7
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had coral a couple days and all good. Today it’s spent a decent amount of time with its mouth open and 1 of its tentacles looks very weird. I haven’t had one of these before so would appreciate some advice .



IMG_2334.jpeg

IMG_2333.jpeg
 
Sometimes the parameter differences between the vendor's tank and your tank can stress corals, even if it looks happy at first. Are your other corals doing okay?

I suppose others will want to know your water parameters so you might want to check Alkalinity, Nitrate, Phosphate, and salinity and post them here 🙂

If you have quite high phosphate levels it's possible the coral simply needs some time to adjust.
 
It looks okay to me, but you should watch it. Usually Fungia like to be on rubble or the rocks. Also I think you should investigate further on that "tentacle" thingy, I don't think it's a tentacle
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new