Does polyp extension = healthy sps?

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering if polyp extension means good health other does it mean I don't have enough flow or light. I've kept lps and softies up until now and bought some Montis and acros as small frags. I got a good deal for them as a group and the Aussie acros seems it's been encrusting on the flag already, so they we definitely now fresh cut frags. They have huge flowers and was wondering if it's a good thing.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look for growth first, then color, and lastly PE. Typically a healthy coral will have good PE, but at times unhealthy pieces can have lots of PE as well.

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look for growth first, then color, and lastly PE. Typically a healthy coral will have good PE, but at times unhealthy pieces can have lots of PE as well.
I'll look at it maybe a month or two later and see if growth is changing. But for color, is turning fluorescent green a good thing? Originally it was more purple. Also I noticed of I keep it at a even higher flow the polyps retract, since people say flow is good. Should I up my flow?

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look at it maybe a month or two later and see if growth is changing. But for color, is turning fluorescent green a good thing? Originally it was more purple. Also I noticed of I keep it at a even higher flow the polyps retract, since people say flow is good. Should I up my flow?

Share a pic of the specimen if you can. Sometimes they can have two or more colors, especially as the grow. Your light spectrum can play a role in this as well.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back