Does Red X really help to kill Chrysophyceae aka gold algae aka Chrysophytes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Fauna Marine

I would like to start this by saying I am positive that a large company like yours wouldn't make any claims unless they where 100% sure It really does do what the bottle claims.
See problem is that I have a been battling Chrysophyceae for 6 months now in this time I tried red x 3 times and haven't had success in eradicating them. I would go to say that Vibrant has a much better effect compared to redx however I can't fully kill them off. I get really close where visually they no longer present, but after a while they come back.
So the problem is that although I am not certain oh exactly which strain I have based on my research this gold alage is able to not only photosynthetise, but also capute pray and Fix nitrogen. Basically they are super resilieant.

MAIN QUESTION PLEASE PLEASE FAUNA MARINE WITHOUT GIVING AWAY THE FORMULA WHAT EXACTLY REDX DO TO GOLD ALGAE IN YOUR OBSERVATIONS TO ERADICATE IT?

Maybe you have personally battled it & have more tips for me to try I have attached a video of the Chrysophyceae. Waiting for your reply please.

Attachments

• 20200121_172642.mp4
    45.8 MB
OP
OP
I

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You absolutely sure you had chrispohites? As many people confuse then with Dinos ect.
If it does I will definitely will give it a go

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ive not seen a whole lot Fluconazole doesnt kill.
Can’t tell if you’re implying it’s bad for a tank, but I’ve had no issues with it harming anything it wasn’t supposed to. It did induce a Dino outbreak after nuking asparagopsis, but that was expected. I love the stuff

OP
OP
I

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure about the gold, but ive used it on tons of stuff and its worked like a champ with little to no effects from it.
Now I get what you meant, there aren't many nastiesties that Fluko doesn't kill. So we have another plus for flukonazol.
PS battling Dinos in comparison to Chrysophytes is a walk in a park. So anyone who doesn't know what that staff is should consider them self's blessed. All it takes is a scraping of that staff to take over the system. By the sounds of it Bryopsis hasn't gone far off from Chrysophytes in terms of resilience

OP
OP
I

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick update.
Fauna Marine and there customer support as can be seen is sh. ,, ,, ite and there snake oil of REDX and DinoX is snake oil. I have used both and everyone i know who used it never seen any good results ! so avoid at all cost.

I managed to get rid of Chrysophytes by simlply using GFO which binds Silicates. Since Chrysophytes outer shell is made of Silicates, when there are depleted they have no abilitly to multiply. coupled with Microbacter 7 and Vibrant and its a thing of the past.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear ?
Your posting was some month ago so maybe was overview during the Covid times. Red X is made against Cyanobacterias not against different gold algea strains if you have them, Also Dino X is against Dinoflagellates, This kind of products are used over 25 years in europe and more then 10 years now in the US with a lot of success. The most important thing is to find out what is the reason for an algea outbreak and when the treatment is made, there should also changed the waterparameter. We are always open to help if there is an issue with the tank. But we surly do not sell snake oil :) I am sorry that you no answer here during your questions.

OP
OP
I

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nice that you decided to reply to me enquiry.
I am sure I am going to seem difficult to you.

However I am going to disagree with everything you have said.
First of all just went Fauna Marine site and pulled the following information
RED X is effective against:

Green and red cyanobacteria
Mild dinoflagellate infestation (Ostreopsis sp., Amphidinium sp., Prorocentrum sp., Coolia sp., Symbiodinium and others)
Gold and armor algae
Diatoms.

Let say that RedX does hypothetically work against cyano bacteria why would you claim that it works again Dinos Gold and Armor Algae.?
You are contradicting your self. So which claim is true.
Second you say that Dinox works against Dinoflagellates, I can 100% tell you that it doesn't I know because I have battled Dinos twice.
There are many things that work against Dinos, but FM Dinox isn't one of them.
I posted this on your Facebook page and you instantly blocked me! Shame on you that's not a way to treat your customers, if you product is good you will stand by it. Furthermore I have sent you emails which have also been ignored.
This isn't the way to do business if you ask me. But all the best to you ohh mighty Fauna Marine

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back