Does the atk pmup restart?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm interested in the atk 2. I keep researching it and I know that the pmup 2 has an auto turn off if water drops too low to protect heating, but once a reservoir is refilled does it turn back on again automatically or would I need to power cycle it?

For the apex, do you get a notification of the reservoir drops too low from the pmup or do you NEED a sensor to get that reading?

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it and it happened only once when my reservoir out of water. If I remember it correctly I had to power cycle it. You need sensor in reservoir.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the ATK is on for over 5 minutes (ex no water remaining), I believe it will go to the OFF position and require a manual reset. You can also have an alarm/notification for that error condition.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need a sensor in there so i can program it to reset when there's water?
When it has attempted to pump for over 5 minutes, it will automatically get set “OFF” and triggers the Error Alarm. It’s protection against flooding as well. It must be manually reset by putting slider back to auto.

Not quite like that with the sensor- it can’t reset the ATO once it has had the error and put in off position.

On my reservoir, I have a sensor about 2” above the pump. So when I get notified that the sensor is exposed to air, I go and refill the container before there is ever an issue. It never has the error state because I refill it first :)

OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
When it has attempted to pump for over 5 minutes, it will automatically get set “OFF” and triggers the Error Alarm. It’s protection against flooding as well. It must be manually reset by putting slider back to auto.

Not quite like that with the sensor- it can’t reset the ATO once it has had the error and put in off position.

On my reservoir, I have a sensor about 2” above the pump. So when I get notified that the sensor is exposed to air, I go and refill the container before there is ever an issue. It never has the error state because I refill it first :)

That sounds really intimidating.. so short answer is, once the reservoir is empty and the pump stops pumping, I'll have to physically go into the app to change it from off to auto to keep it running again?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds really intimidating.. so short answer is, once the reservoir is empty and the pump stops pumping, I'll have to physically go into the app to change it from off to auto to keep it running again?

Yes, basically. But don’t worry since you can be notified if this occurs.

It is the same with most ATOs. Tunze 3155 goes into alarm mode and you need to reset the power to make it resume.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back