Does the self leveling technology with protein skimmers work

pledosophy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
422
Reaction score
291
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a few of the higher end skimmers now with probes and self leveling technology for foam production and cup overflow prevention.

Does any of this actually work?

I don't mind paying big bucks for better equipment, if it is going to do the job.

Anyone have it and love it or have it and hate it?
 
I have not used such a device. In my case, with a Tunze AC skimmer, leveling consisted of a slab of slate under it and it has worked perfectly since being set up about a year ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new