Does this Acan look OK?

urbanjaybird

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2022
Messages
63
Reaction score
33
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if this looks healthy? I’m not sure if that looks like it is receding or if it is normal.
Salt 1.026
Ca - 410
Alk -8.1
Mag - 1250
Ph- 8.1
No3- 9.9
PO4 - .08

75 gallon 4ft
2 mp10 opposite ends running reef crest at 90%
This is placed in sand bed.

All other corals appear happy and healthy. Including Zoas, Montis, chalice, mushrooms, and my one acro.

3DFDEA9E-48F6-442C-AEAC-A465BA63B25A.jpeg 53D21AEB-774E-4A53-95C0-6115ED7E1E64.jpeg 6E2DF9C2-0385-4D8C-A916-2B6B651EB922.jpeg
 
Might be hungry. You need to feed them a couple times a week, mine will do that if its been a while since they got any pieces of frozen food
 
Might be hungry. You need to feed them a couple times a week, mine will do that if its been a while since they got any pieces of frozen food
I feed reef roids 2x week directly. I feed frozen Misys and lrs reef frenzy throughout the week also, but not direct on that.
 
I feed reef roids 2x week directly. I feed frozen Misys and lrs reef frenzy throughout the week also, but not direct on that.
I spot feed mine with a syringe and just squirt it on top of them and they grab it and eat it
 
Wondering if this looks healthy? I’m not sure if that looks like it is receding or if it is normal.
Salt 1.026
Ca - 410
Alk -8.1
Mag - 1250
Ph- 8.1
No3- 9.9
PO4 - .08

75 gallon 4ft
2 mp10 opposite ends running reef crest at 90%
This is placed in sand bed.

All other corals appear happy and healthy. Including Zoas, Montis, chalice, mushrooms, and my one acro.

3DFDEA9E-48F6-442C-AEAC-A465BA63B25A.jpeg 53D21AEB-774E-4A53-95C0-6115ED7E1E64.jpeg 6E2DF9C2-0385-4D8C-A916-2B6B651EB922.jpeg
Overall looks good. I see slight recession on one area which may be due to flow. Moderate light and water flow and I feed mine Mysis. Roids is planktonic which is not a preferred food and also raises Phosphates
 
If you mix the Roids into a thick slurry and put them directly onto the coral, it'll eat that, but it won't benefit from Roids just dumped into the tank. Meaty foods like mysis are a better choice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new