Does this aquascape "FLOAT" your boat?

Do you like the look of a floating aquascape?

• YES

Votes: 317 52.4%
  • NO

Votes: 203 33.6%
  • Not Sure (I'll lool at the thread)

Votes: 76 12.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 1.5%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I have to say for me, it does "float my boat!" I love a good floating aquascape. The problem is that the look is not easily achieved especially on a larger scale. Well a true floating aquascape anyway. But what about for you? Let's talk about it today!

1. Do you like the look of a floating aquascape?

2. Would you ever consider setting up a new tank with a floating aquascape?

image via coral_fish_zoa on IG
88246799_120214456217814_5432712473307275250_n.jpg

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure from me in this particular example. I’ve seen some floaters that really look great but I’m so so on this one.
coral choices are obviously a personal thing but this one ends up looking like a bouquet of flowers more than a reef. It is also not fish friendly at all unless there are caves around the back. Actually I don’t see any fish.

edit. Not knocking the reef keeper in any way, he or she has done an amazing job, just not to my taste.

Last edited:

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how it looks in photos, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to set it up in my own tank. The anxiety of it all crashing down one day is one part, but the other is I much prefer natural looking aquascapes - reefs aren't floating around in the ocean so I wouldn't want it in the habitat I'm creating for creatures 5000 miles from their home.

linkedsilas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each their own. Whatever makes you happy and as long as the critters are taken care of. I think it looks neat, but I don’t know if I would want it in my tank because I like the look of rocks.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The south Korean 'floating reef' is the best example of this sort of reefscape. I like that example most. This is nice but I can't help but wonder what it will look like once the sps starts to grow out.

LuisPerez711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This aquascape looks beautiful and it does make for less dead spots but I would also go with a more traditional scape.

If I were to consider a scape similar to this I would go for a large, extended ledge. I believe Joe from Unique Corals has a great home tank with this type of design.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you you ever dived a reef wall? You would be surprised how close they are.
Dived the Red Sea both reef walls and bomies as well as snorkeling on reef flats. Never saw anything like that. Like somebody above suggested it looks like a bunch of flowers. The reef walls I saw didnt look like that but each to their own

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back