Does this fish look like a healthy specimen?

  • Thread starter Thread starter edsbeaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

edsbeaker

Grandma Has A Reef Obsession
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2013
Messages
4,017
Reaction score
16,321
Location
Westfield, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this fish today from an online vendor, and really need some opinions if it looks like it is healthy. Maybe I’m just crazy, but it looks like it hasn’t eaten in a month. Is it fair for me to insist that it wasn’t fit to be sold and to have a replacement sent out?

EDIT: It was purchased from one of the fully quarantined online stores, but I’m not going to say who that is at the moment.
IMG_0329.jpeg
IMG_0312.jpeg
 
Last edited:
It most likely hasn’t eaten in a month. They go through hell from the time of collection to getting to you. It should fatten up in time with good husbandry.

A bigger concern is that you didn’t quarantine (I’m assuming) before putting him in the display tank. Hippo tangs are ich magnets. You may run into problems if he is harboring parasite, which most to.
 
It most likely hasn’t eaten in a month. They go through hell from the time of collection to getting to you. It should fatten up in time with good husbandry.

A bigger concern is that you didn’t quarantine (I’m assuming) before putting him in the display tank. Hippo tangs are ich magnets. You may run into problems if he is harboring parasite, which most to.
Thanks. It was purchased from a well known quarantined vendor, so fully quarantined. I’m not naming names… YET!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new