Does this look like Dino’s?

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 6 weeks old, 75 gallon with two clowns and one melanarus. Lighting is two kessils 360x, running pretty intense. Nitrate is 8 (hasn’t been lower) phosphates are currently .06 I’m thinking it’s just diatoms, however not positive.
9894BDCB-45EF-4B92-80EF-411911154E41.jpeg
6FE40BD5-ECC9-4E4D-81D1-8D645239BF23.jpeg
E0E274A7-2328-4564-A54A-2208CE274A90.jpeg
AF575440-88E4-4AE0-997F-33C6EE8FE84C.jpeg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Immediately siphon up that whole spot, take half inch of sand leave a pit

tap rinse out that removed handful and put back, no pit.

theres a rule in dinos invasions, the rule is from Internet posters, and it says change no water do nothing for dinos

but dinos are now for the tenth year in a row the top scourge in reefing, anyone’s method gets u 33% chance of success, though everyone has had a decade to find a control for it

following that rule is invading tanks for years...perhaps retire it Lol

let’s do opposite. Nail that out of your tank, then work on ID via pics and keep a sample for the microscope Id

the reason I like this new method comes from our sand rinse thread. It’s five years of rinsing out entire sandbeds, not just a handful of sand per above. The results are fantastic.

fight the mass don’t welcome. Apply all preventative measures in the clean condition, not the totally invaded condition per normal rules of 33% efficacy.

OP
OP
Jakepen

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Immediately siphon up that whole spot, take half inch of sand leave a pit

tap rinse out that removed handful and put back, no pit.

theres a rule in dinos invasions, the rule is from Internet posters, and it says change no water do nothing for dinos

but dinos are now for the tenth year in a row the top scourge in reefing, anyone’s method gets u 33% chance of success, though everyone has had a decade to find a control for it

following that rule is invading tanks for years...perhaps retire it Lol

let’s do opposite. Nail that out of your tank, then work on ID via pics and keep a sample for the microscope Id

the reason I like this new method comes from our sand rinse thread. It’s five years of rinsing out entire sandbeds, not just a handful of sand per above. The results are fantastic.

fight the mass don’t welcome. Apply all preventative measures in the clean condition, not the totally invaded condition per normal rules of 33% efficacy.

So rinse the effected areas? Is it common for Dino’s six weeks into a setup? Any other advice?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if dinos those could be simple diatoms too and self resolve, but it’s not worth the risk. Not sure of any other saving methods, siphon it out since it’s easy top growth take a little sand with it, then clean that handful of sand n put back in

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back