Does this scoly look healthy to you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kaludar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kaludar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2019
Messages
136
Reaction score
96
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

purchased this about a month ago from my LFS. I wish I would have taken a picture of it when I got it but I don’t remember it having this white pigmentation on it when I bought it. Does it look healthy to you guys? I’ve been feeding it reef roids once a week and it always has a good feeding response. I took the photos under white light to get better pictures.

8F961012-6DB1-400F-89A7-E77FB5E4118E.jpeg
481FF0D6-E157-4BAF-BDC3-10A12B2BAFC8.jpeg
907E8828-782D-4C82-B8E9-100340CE6BD1.jpeg
 
I usually make a thick paste out of the reef roids and feed it that. Should I be feeding it solids?
They like several mysis placed into their mouth at night, small chunks of stuff is ok too like LRS reef frenzy.
 

He looks fine but I wouldn't pick him up like that! Scoly/trachy tissues are very sensitive. Does he fluff up and look like he's melting during the day?

Also +1 on feeding meaty foods. Stick to target feeding mysis or better lps pellets of your choice of vendor.
 
He looks fine but I wouldn't pick him up like that! Scoly/trachy tissues are very sensitive. Does he fluff up and look like he's melting during the day?

Also +1 on feeding meaty foods. Stick to target feeding mysis or better lps pellets of your choice of vendor.
I’ll check him out tomorrow and see. Honestly I don’t see my tank during the day too much cause I work all the time so I can keep spending money on reef stuff, haha
 
I’ll check him out tomorrow and see. Honestly I don’t see my tank during the day too much cause I work all the time so I can keep spending money on reef stuff, haha

Welcome to the club.

Scolys are a tad more sensitive than most lps corals. He looks fine but did have slight skeleton profusion when you picked him up.

Just make sure he's in lower flow, in 75-100 par max, is fed meaty foods twice a week and he'll do great. You'll tell he's happy when he looks fluffy and spread out during the day and displays a strong feeding response at night. If he's taking food well then I wouldn't worry. Keep an eye on him over the weekend/holiday if you have work off.
 
Welcome to the club.

Scolys are a tad more sensitive than most lps corals. He looks fine but did have slight skeleton profusion when you picked him up.

Just make sure he's in lower flow, in 75-100 par max, is fed meaty foods twice a week and he'll do great. You'll tell he's happy when he looks fluffy and spread out during the day and displays a strong feeding response at night. If he's taking food well then I wouldn't worry. Keep an eye on him over the weekend/holiday if you have work off.

checked him around noon today, definitely looks puffy and no skeleton showing, so I think he’s doing okay :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new