Does this setup look right?

scarroll0466

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had the guys come by and set up the plumbing on our new 90 gallon tank last night. This is all they did, there's only the D.C. Pump and the mega flow overflow kit. There's no filter or anything. Is this correct?
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG

FishGuyBri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had the guys come by and set up the plumbing on our new 90 gallon tank last night. This is all they did, there's only the D.C. Pump and the mega flow overflow kit. There's no filter or anything. Is this correct?
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG

My 90 setup looks very, very different but I got a prefab sump that has a mechanical sock filtration section, fuge section, skimmed section, and return, all separated

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pictures of the rest of the tank / overflow?

OP
OP
S

scarroll0466

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 90 setup looks very, very different but I got a prefab sump that has a mechanical sock filtration section, fuge section, skimmed section, and return, all separated

That's what I thought I needed, I have no idea what he's done. I'll get more pictures tonight when I get home, and post them

sneub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard.
Good start, you still need a skimmer, filer sock, a refugium and possible room for reactors, like GFO, biopellets and carbon. Possibilities are endless.
What are your goals with the tank?

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, it'll work... the only absolutely positively essential things for a sump to function are the overflow drain and return. With what you have now and no modifications, you could place a heater and skimmer (although it is suggested that you're skimmer is in a chamber with a constant water level) and they would, for the most part, function properly. You could fashion your own filter sock holder and you'd be set. If you wanted to get fancy and run reactors or a refugium you'd have to get creative but it could work. It really all comes down to what you want your sump to do for you.

Now, having said all that, if you paid someone to set up your sump I'd ask when he's coming back to finish it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back