Does Triton Core 7 3a need strained prior to adding to dosing reservoir?

Discussion in 'Triton Applied Reef Bioscience' started by CMO, Feb 4, 2018.

1. CMO

CMO Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2019

All of my triton core 7 3a containers have some sort of granules in them. Is this normal and if so should I strain them before adding to dosing reservoir to prevent clogging?

Thanks

Tags:

2. e34stx

e34stx Member

no just warm them in the microwave carefully until the dissolve. thanks

CMO likes this.
  3. Jaculus

Jaculus Active Member R2R Supporter

Most people just have to put the bottle in a warmer location or in a tub with some hot water around it. But I suppose the microwave thing SHOULD work also No need to boil it ,, just get it back to slightly above room temp then when it settles back to room temp it will be dissolved again with no granules

CMO likes this.
  4. tastyfish

tastyfish Active Member UK Reef Club Member

Below 16C, the core 7 3a and 3b solutions (mainly) will start to precipitate out. This is due to the concentration of the solution.

Simply place them on a warm radiator or in a bowl of hot water for 20 mins and shake to dissolve the precipitate back into solution. I usually microwave mine in the plastic bottles, however I wouldn't recommend this at all for the cartons!

HolisticBear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted