Dog Nail Cutters

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeaBrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PeaBrain

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2020
Messages
276
Reaction score
530
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever use these for fragging coral? They seem to be perfectly made for SPS. I haven't tried them yet.
 
They would probably work in a pinch, however the angle on the cutter is not as sharp as those designed for coral. Comparing them, I would guess dog nail cutters are more likely to cause additional damage to the coral and possibly fracture both sides of the cut just from their shape, however, I've never tested this theory to see if that would be true.
 
Agree with the above. Don’t think it will spin fast enough or have a sharp enough edge to make a clean coral cut. I bought two for my dogs and they were junk...I went back to human nail clippers and files for them.
 
I don't know, they are made incredibly sharp so they don't crush the doggie nails, and they are round in nature. The force leverage is about as tight as they get. I am going to try so I don't have to lay down cash on bone cutters for now. I will post the results in case anyone cares.

1590249935266.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new