Doh! And Actually Double Doh!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
12,347
Reaction score
25,587
Location
Sayreville, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Did I have a double Doh moment.


We were entertaining at the pool, and I'm not sure if it was a Bruce Jenner effect with me feeling my feminine side, but I attempted to multitask. As most real men know, and certainly their wifes, men can not multitask. But I tried anyway.

With guests outside, I was cooking on the grill, cooking in the kitchen and at the same time cleaning my skimmer, skimmate container and filter sock. I had removed the sock when the grill called for the slab of cow to be flipped. With guests talking to me, I totally forgot about the filter sock (were I removed the last piece of pipe going into the sump), and my reef controlled automatically turned the pumps back on after 15 minutes.

When I heard the noise coming from the fish room....my return pump running dry......I had pumped about ten gallons of saltwater onto the hardwood floor, which then dripped to the basement into my shop/tools. On top of that, my ATO pumped RO/DI until empty. What a mess!!! Fortunately the salinity only dropped to 1.024.

All cleaned up with the exception of some tools that are quickly rusting.

My feminine side has been suppressed!!!
 
Haha something similar happened to me this weekend (minus the feminine stuff :-P ) but I was working in the yard with some ppl and forgot my rodi was on and it dumped about 15 gallons on the floors. Whoops lol
 
Have you retired the man card yet?

I did that when I said, "I do." :eek:

Haha something similar happened to me this weekend (minus the feminine stuff :p ) but I was working in the yard with some ppl and forgot my rodi was on and it dumped about 15 gallons on the floors. Whoops lol

I've done that twice, but now have an alarm on my RO/DI that sounds off. If I'm not in the house, I'm in trouble.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new